IMPACT 12: The Printmakers’ Voice, (Bristol Sept 2022)
We are delighted to announce that The Centre for Fine Print Research will be hosting IMPACT 12 multidisciplinary printmaking conference, The Printmakers’ Voice, 19th-25th September 2022.
This is next year!
We appreciate that, in less than 17 months, in 2022, the pandemic may still have a firm grip on some countries, and many will be coping with the after-effects. Building on the success of the Hong Kong team, will be hosting both online and in person, encouraging and widening participation, and focusing on listening to each other’s voices.
We propose this event and conference to have a therapeutic function. We want to share and engage international participants from all backgrounds, and connect people through presentations and films, workshops and exhibitions, challenges, round-table discussion groups and networking. The networking and the participant conversations will be key to this conference: we want to hear from all of you!
- To this end, we will begin with a summer programme of celebrating prints and books, which will start in July 2022 and continue throughout the conference.
- We will shortly be making a call for studios and workshops to collaborate with us to reflect on your studio activities during lockdown and celebrate and promote your ongoing resilience.
- We will be making a call for students worldwide to work with us by establishing and promoting a series of networked activities and challenges, reaching out to far-flung communities.
- We will be making a call for print ambassadors, working with the IMPACT team, refining and envisioning our print themes and creating a worldwide conference.
- Last but not least, we will be calling for print enthusiasts and print scholars to submit papers, exhibitions and demonstrations for consideration to the conference. We are proposing themes around:
- Post-pandemic Voice
- Touching and Touched
- Printability and transmutability
- The Printmakers’ Garden
- Breaking Boundaries
- Merging and Metamorphosis
Please visit this page for more information about the IMPACT International Conference series.